Local and Regional Culinary Tours Series
This Fall: The Distinctive Taste of Wine and Truffles in the Istria Peninsula
The Istria Truffle, known since antiquity, grows in the damp Motovun Forest constantly moistened by the Mirna River flowing through its woods; an area that stretches though the town of Buzet and Lupoglav, then reaches southeast by the river Raša situated in the Labin-Albona area and to the south of Pazin-Pisino. As it is not above ground, only a well-trained dog can find it.
In Autumn, festivities and events are organized to celebrate and present typical truffle dishes, including: gnocchi, fuži, pljukanci, fritada, various meats, appetizers, salads, and desserts.
A Unique Gourmet Experience Complemented by Istria’s High Quality Wines
For a Personalized Istria Itinerary
Only in Istria you can taste teran, a unusual wine ranging in color from purple to ruby-red with a lively fruit aroma, fresh and fragile. Other high quality wines include: pinot blanc, chardonnay, pinot gris and red merlot, refošk and cabernet sauvignon. Also, two muscat varieties with a special aroma, Momjan and Poreč rose muscat, red borgonja and red hrvatica.
Momjan Muscat - an excellent appetizer or dessert wine
Other Gastronomical Events
- Chestnut Festivity in Oprtalj where you can taste food and pastries made of chestnut
- Traditional festival of fruits and fruit products in Kaldir near Motovun
- Prosciutto Fair near Tinjan
- Sole Fish that pairs well with wine and olive oil
- Grimani Palace new wine festivity, in the heart of Istria
- Grappa exhibition in Hum, the smallest town in the world!
- New Olive Oil in Vodnjan; guided tastings of local delicacies with the new olive.
Tourism + Environment Management Applications